Brand Strategy with Anthony Kennada, Chief Marketing Officer at Front
Anthony Kennada (CMO Front) and I sit down to dissect brand, category creation, and the role product marketers play in both. Anthony shared really interesting insights into the challenges PMMs face, why companies need to be focused on people before products, his time at Gainsight, and what he's working on at Front.
Join Anthony on Sharebird: https://sharebird.com/profile/anthony-kennada
Questions we covered in this episode:
- Lakers vs Celtics
- How Anthony got into marketing and his journey to becoming a CMO
- How does product marketing fit in at Front? What value does product marketing bring to your org?
- Why is it so important for an early stage company to invest in brand?
- Are product and brand marketing connected?
- What role does the product play into the brand story in your mind?
- Introducing a new category the risks and right approach.
- How you "will a market into existence"?
- Why communities are at the heart of category creation.
- How do you name a new category? How much did you guys fret over the name customer success?
- When it comes to category creation, how do product marketers come into play?
- What’s your outlook on the career of Product Marketing? Is it a good place to be right now?
- What he's launching next at Front.