Breaking into Product Marketing with Naike Romain, Sr. PMM at Foursquare
How can you break into product marketing? I get that question a lot. Naike Romain did it with a ton of purpose and you can too. We chatted about her career path, how she thinks about product marketing, her advice on building a diverse team and much more.
Join Naike on Sharebird: https://sharebird.com/profile/naike-romain
Question we cover in this episode:
- Let’s start way back, when you were a kid, what did you want to do when you grew up?
- What did you go to school for, when you were in school did you know you wanted to go into tech?
- When did product marketing come on your radar?
- How have past jobs and experiences helped you in product marketing?
- How did you learn the craft and build your skillset?
- What sets you apart as a PMM?
- What’s interesting about product marketing to you, as opposed to other marketing roles?
- What's your advice for companies trying to build diverse teams?
- What is your advice for people early in their careers looking to break into product marketing?
- What’s your outlook on the career of Product Marketing? Is it a good place to be right now?