Product Launches with Mary Sheehan, Head of Product Marketing at Adobe (Part 2)
There's just no other single effort that really unites your entire company like a product launch. Product launches create alignment, motivate products, push marketing, inspire sales and dazzle the market. When done well, they generate more revenue than any other marketing strategy that your team can pull off. In this week's episode Mary Sheehan of Adobe and I dive deep into her experience and successful product launches. There was so much good content here that our interview is broken into two parts. If you haven't already, be sure to listen to part one of this episode and join us here to continue the conversation with Mary.
Join Mary on Sharebird: https://sharebird.com/profile/mary-shirley
Questions we cover on this episode:
- Tell me about your career path to becoming a PMM?
- Basics: Why is a launch valuable in general? Why not just release as it happens?
- What the launch you’re most proud of in your career and why?
- What’s the product marketers role in the launch?
- How do you measure a launch? What’s a good one, what’s a bad one?
- Real talk: Are launches fun or terrifying?
- What’s a good launch cadence for a young growing software company?
- From AMA: How do you get creative in your product launch, and not feel too templatized?
- How do you secure alignment between product, marketing, and sales as part of a launch?
- What’s something people have to learn the hard when launching a product for the first time?
- What’s your outlook on the career of Product Marketing? Is it a good place to be right now?