Pricing and Packaging with Chris Mills, VP of Product Marketing at SalesLoft
Pricing and packaging are obviously critical to a business, but it’s tricky to know how to approach it. In this week’s interview, I sit down with Chris Mills of SalesLoft. Chris shares invaluable advice that will leave you feeling confident and improve how you approach this topic.
Join Chris on Sharebird: https://sharebird.com/profile/chris-mills
Questions we cover on this episode:
- What does product marketing look like at SalesLoft? How did you make your way to VP there?
- What happens when you get pricing wrong? And what happens when you get it right?
- What’s the relationship between product positioning and pricing? Do they influence each other? If so how?
- What are the questions the business or Product Marketing leadership should be asking?
- Who should “own” pricing? And what’s the role of product marketing?
- Let’s say you are embarking on a major pricing overhaul, you’ve done this. Where do you start?
- What tools or resources do you use to figure this out?
- How do you bring sales in?
- What’s your take on discounting and pricing transparency?
- How is pricing and packaging changing? Any trends in what buyers expect from pricing pages or in the sales process?
- Do you “launch” it if so how?
- What mistakes do people always make along the way?
- What’s your outlook on the career of Product Marketing? Is it a good place to be right now?