Managing Tense Stakeholder Relationships with Sunny Manivannan, VP Product Marketing at Braze
"It's much easier to walk out of a meeting feeling like everyone likes you." Most of us would agree with this statement, right? In this episode, Sunny Manivannan of Braze challenges us to not be afraid to fail. He gives tactical advice on how to make us better Product Marketers and ultimately do what is going to make both you and the company better.
Join Sunny on Sharebird here: https://sharebird.com/profile/sunny-manivannan
Questions we cover in this episode:
- Tell me about your career path to becoming a product marketer.
- Can you tell me about some of your lessons learned from your time as a product marketer?
- I’ve heard Product Marketing described as the glue that holds companies together. What are your thoughts on that?
- Do product marketers have to be a jack of all trades? How well do you have to understand all the other functions at your company to be a great uniter?
- Question from your Sharebird AMA: What's your advice on improving a historically tense relationship between functions, specifically between Product Management and Product Marketing, as well as between Sales and Product Marketing?
- What’s one nuance about Stakeholder Management that you only know now because you understand it deeply?
- Let’s move on to metrics. How do you measure the success of the product marketing team at Braze?
- How do you measure the success of sales enablement efforts, given that product marketing plays a major role in this area?
- What’s your outlook on the career of Product Marketing? Is it a good place to be right now?