Developing Your Product Marketing Career with Madeline Ng, Head of Marketing at Google Maps
Product Marketing is a unique career that attracts many people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. In this week's episode I sit down with Madeline Ng of Google Maps to hear her journey into becoming a successful product marketer. Whether you're looking to break into the role or advance your career, you won't want to miss this one.
Join Madeline on Sharebird here: https://sharebird.com/profile/madeline-ng/activity
Questions we cover in this episode:
- How much do you miss the MK’s right now?
- Tell me about your career path to becoming a PMM?
- What’s product marketing like at Google maps? Big company obviously, but you’re marketing a really important, and visible product used by “millions?” of people everyday.
- How was your experience at Sloan? What was most valuable for you from that time?
- What are the skills you see consistently in best PMMs?
- What is your favorite product marketing interview question and the best answer you've heard?
- As a PMM leader, how do you grow your team and get the resources you need when I’m sure there are lots of competing priorities?
- You’re building out a marketing team and PMM team from scratch. How do you think about the right way to structure that team? What do they focus on first?
- How can you pivot from account management or a different marketing position into PMM?
- What do PMMs need to watch out for as they are trying to grow their career? Any traps you see more junior folks fall into?
- What’s your outlook on the career of Product Marketing?