Global and Remote Product Marketing with Susan J. Park, Head of Product Marketing, Global Gaming Ads at Facebook
In this week’s episode we do a deep dive into the ever-growing global economy and how working remotely is impacting us as product marketers. For many of us, working from home is a newer phenomenon, but for Susan working remotely is something she’s been doing for almost a decade! She’s learned a lesson or two that you'll certainly want to hear whether you're accustomed to remote life or looking for ways to improve. She believes it all starts with your team.
Join Susan on Sharebird here: https://sharebird.com/profile/susan-j-park
Questions we cover in this episode:
- Tell me about your career path to becoming a PMM?
- How has your job changed since Covid? Did you all have to adjust your Go-to-market?
- So you’ve been doing the whole remote thing long before 2020. How do you think all this has changed how businesses think about remote?
- Product marketers have a really cross-functional role. How do you build relationships when you can’t connect in person?
- What about working with product and engineering. I’ve found it’s nice to physically sit with those folks to help learn from them, build a relationship, and influence the roadmap. Can you do that remote?
- What’s your advice as a human and as a people leader on work life balance and mental health right now?
- How do you build a great relationship with your boss when you’re remote?
- How do you deliver a great pitch or excel in a big important meeting when remote?
- How do you on-board new hires, and build a team remote? Help make people included and welcome and excited?
- What’s one nuance about Remote PMM teams that you only know now because you understand it deeply? Around doing it effectively.
- What’s your outlook on the career of Product Marketing? Is it a good place to be right now?