Solutions Marketing with Jon Rooney, SVP Product & Solutions Marketing at New Relic
In this week's episode we're diving deep into solutions marketing and where it meets product marketing. Solutions marketing might seem like a new thing, but it's been around for a pretty long time. Jon and I discuss where it's at today and why we are seeing it paired with product marketing teams.
Join Jon on Sharebird here: https://sharebird.com/profile/jon-rooney
Follow Jon on Twitter: https://twitter.com/rooneythesis?lang=en
Questions covered in this episode:
- Tell me about your career path to becoming the VP of PMM at new relic?
- So you own product and solutions marketing? Are those two different teams? If so, what are the goals of each?
- What are the teams responsible for?
- Who do they work with?
- How do they collaborate on something like a product launch?
- Why did you all take this approach? Is this the right structure for others?
- What kind of resources do you think are critical for this team? A CI person, market research tools, etc?
- What’s the biggest impact this team has on the business?
- As your company grows, what kind of issues pop up with this team or structure? Have you had to change goals, or work based on company evolution?
- What’s your outlook on the career of Product Marketing? Is it a good place to be right now?