Cross-Functional Work with Natalie Louie, Senior Director of Product Marketing at Zuora
I like to say that a great product marketer is a cross-functional momentum maker. We align groups, ideas, and enable separate teams with different goals to get energized and focused on the product. To make cross-functional work possible, we have to build strong relationships across the company. You have to know how the machine works to invoke, influence, and motivate others, but how? Tune in to hear this week’s expert, Natalie Louie of Zuora, break it down for us.
Join Natalie on Sharebird here: https://sharebird.com/profile/natalie-louie
Questions we cover in this episode:
- Tell me about your career path to becoming a PMM?
- What does product marketing look like at Zuora - what teams are you key partners?
- How do you think about goals? Do you have product and marketing goals?
- How do you work with sales?
- What are the biggest challenges about being so cross functional?
- How do you build a strong relationship with fellow directors and leadership?
- I liked this question and answer from you Sharebird AMA, how do you work with demand gen?
- How do you help your team build strong relationships and work well cross functionally?
- Working cross functionally, do you try and get consensus around decisions? How do you build that?
- What’s a mistake everyone will make early in their career here when trying to get good at cross functional work.
- What’s your outlook on the career of Product Marketing? Is it a good place to be right now?
- Anything you’re working on that you want to share with listeners?