The Art of Writing with Meghan Keaney Anderson, CMO at Wanderlust Group
"I write almost entirely to find out what I'm thinking" -Joan Didion Have you ever thought of product marketers as translators? You are creating a narrative that is being translated from the product organization to the sales team, and eventually to the outside audience. So how do you simplify the complex? This week’s expert, Meghan, challenges PMMs to see writing not just as a bonus, but as an essential part of the PMM role.
Learn more about the Narrative Design Master Class: bit.ly/PME-podcast
Questions we cover in this episode:
- So, we of course worked together for a while at HubSpot! And now we’re both onto new things. Tell us about what you’re working on now.
- One thing I think everyone who has worked with you would say about you, is that you’re a great writer. Is that something you were born with, or how did that happen?
- When did you decide that you wanted to make that such a strength?
- What do you think makes someone a great writer? It can be thrown around, can we just unpack that a little bit?
- How has it helped you in your career? How might it help others?
- Why is it important for product marketers to be strong writers?
- What can we do to improve our writing and thinking? What are things that help the most?
- How do you think about feedback? I think most people don’t get enough, but too much or bad feedback can also be bad. What’s your take?
- What writing mistakes to marketers make early in their career?
- Anything great that you’re reading right now?
- What’s your outlook on the career of Product Marketing? Is it a good place to be right now?