PMM First 90 Days with JD Prater, Head of Product Marketing at Amazon AWS Startups
In this week’s episode, we’re discussing PMM onboarding in the first 90 days. What does the PMM 30/60/90 look like? It’s a time of learning, absorbing new knowledge and a time that when well utilized, sets up a foundation for success. The first 90 days are an opportunity to start deeply understanding the product, the market and the customer. Tune in to hear what you should be doing and thinking about to make the most of this time.
Join JD on Sharebird here: https://sharebird.com/profile/jd-prater
Find JD's Podcast (Thrills and Chills) here https://sharebird.com/shows/thrills-and-chills-establishing-product-marketing
Questions we cover in this episode:
- How’d you get into product marketing?
- So you pretty recently switched jobs? You’re at Amazon now, specifically Amazon Web Services. And you’re in the middle of the on-boarding process. What has your first 90 days looked like?
- Why was this role a good fit?
- Did you do anything to prepare for this new role before you started?
- How does it work being remote and on boarding? Like do you get your computer before you start?
- Tell us about your 30/60/90 day plan?
- What are you trying to accomplish in each phase?
- Who have you been meeting with and why?
- What kind of expectations does your team have for you during on boarding?
- What is particularly important for PMMs to do in the first couple of months?
- What mistakes do people make when they are on boarding?
- What’s your outlook on the career of Product Marketing? Is it a good place to be right now?