Product Led Growth with Jessica Webb, Product Marketing Senior Team Lead at Trello (Atlassian)
In this week’s episode we’re continuing to explore the question - what is the role of product marketing in a company who focuses on PLG and self-service? It’s very likely that PLG will be the future of how we do business and I think it’s a huge learning opportunity for the craft of PMM. Tune in to hear more about what this means and how your team can adapt to this new go-to-market model.
Join Jessica on Sharebird: https://sharebird.com/profile/jessica-webb
Career Opportunities at Trello: bitly/growth/pmm
Narrative Design Master Class: https://productmarketingalliance.com/narrative-design-masterclass/
Questions we cover in this episode:
- Tell me about your career path to becoming a PMM?
- So you’ve been at Trello for a while now. And you joined right before being acquired by Atlassian. What was that transition like?
- Who are your closest partners at Trello?
- How is the GTM unique at Trello and Atlassian? Those companies are sort of famous for product led growth. Or a product fist GTM.
- So you also worked at HubSpot, and you weren’t in product marketing, why’d you switch to PMM? How’d that happen?
- You were at HubSpot before we were really doing the PLG thing. How is marketing fundamentally different between the two companies?
- What are the biggest challenges you’re trying to solve in product marketing?
- Are brand, and narrative, and methodology important at Trello? Is that product marketing work?
- What’s something you see people get wrong when marketing a product first company?
- What’s your outlook on the career of Product Marketing? Is it a good place to be right now?