The Path to PMM with Lauren Barraco, Sr. Director of Product Marketing at Sendoso
Given the cross functional nature of product marketing, there is no straight line when it comes to the career path to PMM. So how does one typically break into product marketing? What roles make for good product marketers? And what skills will be important to develop along the way? In this episode, Lauren uses her experience to break it all down for us.
Join Lauren on Sharebird here: https://sharebird.com/profile/lauren-barraco
Questions we cover in this episode:
- Tell me about your career path to becoming a PMM?
- What does your team look like at Sendoso, what all do you own?
- Any advice for people looking to break into product marketing? What roles make for good product marketers?
- What are the most important skills for PMMs to develop and master?
- How have you done built those skills?
- What should people be prepared for in a product marketing interview?
- What’s most important to keep in mind when joining a new company and onboarding?
- Where do you think product marketers have the biggest impact at a startup?
- What does the career path of the PMM look like? What kind of doors does it open?
- What’s a mistake product marketers make when growing their career?
- What’s your outlook on the career of Product Marketing? Is it a good place to be right now?