How I Positioned That: Airtable's Self-Serve Product Marketing Lead, Christy Roach
Christy is knee-deep in a positioning sprint at Airtable, making her the perfect person to learn from when it comes to shaping how your company’s product is perceived in the market. Good positioning is the merging of your company’s aspirations with what is possible today – easier said than done for PMMs trying to strike that balance. Daniel and Christy also discuss the confusion around the difference between positioning, messaging, and copy. Tune into this first episode of the mini-series to hear Christy correct common product positioning blunders and break down a positioning sprint from beginning to end.
Join Christy on Sharebird here: https://sharebird.com/profile/christy-roach
Questions covered in this episode:
- What’s your elevator pitch for Airtable?
- How did you come up with that?
- Did you use a framework to write it?
- When do you know it’s working?
- How do you know when your positioning is ready to ship?
- How often do you update the positioning for your company?
- How do you keep new features/products organized within a larger positioning framework?
- How do you research when working on positioning?
- Have you ever launched new positioning and realized it failed?
- What’s the one book a product marketer must buy if they’re going to own their company’s positioning?
- Who is another product marketing leader we should interview for this series?