How I Positioned That: Shopify's Director, Global GTM & Demand Generation, Tamara Niesen
Shopify has a wide range of customers, from people with no management experience starting up a business from their basement, to companies with hundreds of employees working across the globe. Couple that with a rapidly growing, constantly evolving market and you’ve got yourself quite the positioning challenge. In this episode, Tamara uses her experience helping launch Shopify Plus for enterprises to advise us on how to tackle this positioning beast. Tune in to hear her insider knowledge on what frameworks to follow, including remaining “merchant obsessed” and finding the “why” behind a less than successful product launch.
Join Tamara on Sharebird here: https://sharebird.com/profile/tamara-niesen
Questions covered in this episode:
- What’s your elevator pitch for Shopify?
- How did you come up with that?
- Did you use a framework to write it?
- When do you know it’s working?
- How do you know when your positioning is ready to ship?
- How often do you update the positioning for your company?
- How do you keep new features/products organized within a larger positioning framework?
- How do you research when working on positioning?
- Have you ever launched new positioning and realized it failed?
- What’s the one book a product marketer must buy if they’re going to own their company’s positioning?
- Who is another product marketing leader we should interview for this series?