How I Positioned That: Pluralsight's CMO, Lindsay Bayuk
When it comes to “training” vs. “learning”, which do you prefer? Lindsay noticed customers’ common answer was the latter, and her team pivoted Pluralsight's positioning as a “tech learning platform”. She was fulfilling the first of 4 pillars for positioning: Intelligence, or continuous research that informs all positioning decisions at the company. Tune in to hear about the other 3 pillars of positioning, as well as the 3 tier framework and the importance of establishing different customer personas.
Join Lindsay on Sharebird here: https://sharebird.com/profile/lindsay-bayuk-1
Questions covered in this episode:
- What’s your elevator pitch for Pluralsight?
- How did you come up with that?
- Did you use a framework to write it?
- When do you know it’s working?
- How do you know when your positioning is ready to ship?
- How often do you update the positioning for your company?
- How do you keep new features/products organized within a larger positioning framework?
- How do you research when working on positioning?
- Have you ever launched new positioning and realized it failed?
- What’s the one book a product marketer must buy if they’re going to own their company’s positioning?
- Who is another product marketing leader we should interview for this series?