Managing Stakeholder Relationships with Jasmine Jaume, Director of Product Marketing, Support & Platform at Intercom
Managing people from different teams seems like an impossible task when they don’t even report to you in the first place, but it’s a core requirement for being a successful PMM, and leader. Building trust with internal stakeholders takes time and effort. As an expert in the area, Jasmine says there are a few things to consider that will help get your cross functional teams on the same page (Hint: it takes more than a few coffee-side chats).
- Tell me about your career path to becoming a PMM.
- So you work in one group with multiple PMMs- How do ensure you're telling stories that are aligned?
- Do these stories align to your personas and differ based on seniority or segment you sell into?
- How have you successfully built relationships across teams? Or what are some secrets you've seen work well?
- What’s one nuance about Stakeholder Management that you only know now because you understand it deeply?
- Question from your AMA: Responsibility without the authority - that seems to be the position of quite a few Product marketers. How do you manage people who don't necessarily report into you?
- How do you get your team, and other teams, to align around customer priorities?
- What's been one time where a launch or a campaign didn't go to plan? How did you work with stakeholders to fix that?
- How have you built deep and productive relationships with product and proven your value?
- What's your outlook on the career of product marketing? Is it a good place to be?