Establishing Product Marketing with Gregg Miller, Head of Product Marketing at Zapier
Building out the product marketing function can be a daunting task. You have to consider the company’s goals, the needs of your cross functional teams, and the needs of the individuals on your team. Where do you start? How do you ensure you’re continuously empowering your team members while also driving adoption across all parts of the organization? Tune into this episode to hear Gregg break it down for us using what he’s learned while establishing the function at Zapier.
Join Gregg on Sharebird.
Questions covered in this episode:
1. Can you tell us a bit about yourself and your role?
2. How have you structured the team at Zapier?
3. What do you think about structuring product marketing teams? Why did you decided on the structure you just mentioned?
4. As a leader, how have you balanced scaling yourself and your team/resources?
5. We're seeing more specialization in product marketing lately. With specific roles for pricing, competitive intelligence, research, and more. What do you think the next few years of this looks like? What skills should aspiring product marketing leaders look to develop?
6. A lot of product marketing leaders and experts alike are looking to make a leap similar to this. What skills should we all be thinking about?
7. Have there been any mistakes you've made while growing or establishing the PMM function? If so, can you share with us what you've learned?
8. What's one or two books you've read recently that have had an impact on you?