Kevin Wu, Head of Solution & Category Product Marketing at Airtable on Messaging
Kevin Wu is the Head of Solution and Category Product Marketing at Airtable, where he has been building a product marketing program from scratch.
In his role at Airtable, Kevin has been reinventing the product’s messaging and positioning framework. When it comes to SaaS B2B companies, he says, the messaging should start at the demo.
In this episode, you’ll hear essential questions to ask when building product demos, how Kevin’s experience at Salesforce shaped his later approach to PMM, and how he enables his team to grow.
Want more insights from Kevin? Check out his content on Sharebird.
Looking to connect? You can find Kevin on LinkedIn.
Questions covered in this episode:
- Tell us a bit about yourself and your role at Airtable.
- How do you think about the production and messaging around huge events like Dreamforce? What goes into the product side of these events?
- When it comes to product positioning, there is a very specific balance that needs to be struck between the executives’ vision and voice and a PMM’s knowledge of the product. How do you achieve that balance?
- For a company that size, Salesforce moves at an incredible pace. How do you look at your experience at Salesforce overall
- Have you kept the same kind of lens on messaging and positioning once you moved from your role at Salesforce to AppDynamics and Airtable?
- What are the key ingredients for building a great product demo?
- How do you approach your team’s organization and ensure your team members have room to grow?