Chad Kimner, Product Marketing Director at Meta on Messaging and Positioning
Chad Kimner is a Product Marketing Director for AR/VR solutions at Meta, where he is currently spearheading the go-to-market strategy for privacy and responsible innovation.
In his role at Meta, Chad is embracing the powerful opportunity to shed more light on the capabilities of augmented and virtual reality, and be part of Meta’s exciting venture into the AR/VR space. One of the most important things he’s learned in the role is what it takes to create a trustworthy product – to meet consumer expectations when it comes to data privacy, diversity, and inclusion, feeding consumer insights back into the product every step of the way is essential.
In this interview, Chad and Jeffrey go into detail about the role AR/VR plays in Meta, quality product-specific messaging and organizational models for PM teams, as well as chat about Chad’s love for music and how it‘s shaped his approach to product marketing.
Want more insights from Chad? Check out his Sharebird profile.
Looking to connect? You can find Chad on LinkedIn.
Questions covered in this episode:
- Can you tell us a bit more about the role of the AR/VR division at Meta?
- What has your passion for music taught you about marketing?
- How does product messaging and positioning tie into the Meta ecosystem as a whole?
- How do you approach product-specific messaging?
- In your previous role at Mozilla, how did you structure your work? Did your team operate in sprints and have goals in the kind of traditional agile methodology framework?
- What are some of the most effective organizational models for product marketing you’ve picked up over the years?
- Many consider messaging and positioning as synonymous, or complementary. Where do you draw the line between the two?
- What are some useful tips on messaging you’d like to share?