Tiffany Tooley, Head of Product Marketing at Hubspot on Company Culture and Talent Retention
“I’m guided by a deep sense of curiosity.” - Tiffany Tooley
Tiffany Tooley started her career as a one-person marketing team of a small cookie manufacturer. Today, she’s the Head of Product Marketing at Hubspot. Throughout her journey as a product marketer, she nurtured a strong growth mindset – as someone who thrives when presented with a challenge, Tiffany’s always ready to learn new things and tackle problems as they arise.
In this episode, Jeffrey and Tiffany talk about her career path, share tips for ensuring employee satisfaction and promoting growth, and discuss Gartner’s, as well as her own, guidelines on what makes a world-class PM.
Looking to connect? You can find Tiffany on LinkedIn.
Questions covered in this episode:
- How did you get into product marketing?
- 2022 has been a rough year for many. How is Hubspot walking that tightrope between handling the effects of the recession and retaining talent?
- How do you set your team goals and align them with wider company initiatives?
- Hubspot is one of the leaders when it comes to building an inclusive, welcoming company culture. Can you tell us a bit more about the organization’s approach to DE&I programs?
- A big part of building strong teams and driving employee engagement is giving praise and recognition where it’s due. What are some strategies Hubspot employs to this end?
- What are some of the skills you look for in your PM candidates?